Sure, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, but here at MIA, we’re stoked for February 13th, otherwise known as Galentine’s Day - the holiday popularized by none other than Leslie Knope of Parks and Recreation. Instead of being an anti-Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day is a celebration where besties come together, regardless of relationship status, and partake in festivities including dinner, drinks, and positive conversation.
In the show Parks and Recreation, Amy Poehler’s character Leslie Knope spends her Galentine’s Day partaking in a breakfast food feast and gift exchange with her closest gal pals. However, there’s tons of fun and unique ways to spend your Galentine’s Day to suit your friend group! We’ve listed a few of our faves below!
- Host a dinner (or breakfast) party - If you’re looking to celebrate your Galentine’s Day in the traditional Parks and Rec style, try a Breakfast for Dinner Party! Consider trying out some MIA-approved and totally delicious plant based recipes, like a tofu scramble, a chickpea omelette, pancakes, french toast, and coffee, of course! If a dinner party is more your speed, the possibilities are endless - consider doing a pasta and wine night, or a plant based cheese and wine party!
- Throw a CBD cocktail party - There’s no need to go out to the bar on Galentine’s Day when you can have a cocktail party in the comfort of your own space! Get together your gal pals and enjoy a night of CBD Cosmos, CBD Peach Bellini Freezes, or CBD Margaritas - or if you would prefer not to consume alcohol, try this CBD kombucha mocktail recipe!
- Indulge in a spa night - After the stress of a long work or school week, a spa night with your squad could be the perfect opportunity for R&R and for catching up! Pour a glass of wine, put on your favorite face mask, set up a mani-pedi station, and set the mood by diffusing your favorite essential oil and playing a relaxing playlist (you can check out some playlist suggestions here).
- Binge-watch your favorite rom-coms - A Netflix marathon of classic rom-coms is a foolproof way to spend your Galentine’s evening. Some rom-coms we can’t get enough of over here at MIA are To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, 13 Going On 30, Say Anything, 10 Things I Hate About You, and The Proposal - let us know in the comments if you have any favorites to add to your movie marathon!
- Enjoy a karaoke night with your besties - Karaoke is a classic girl’s night out activity that can make any Galentine’s celebration memorable - you can use a karaoke app or find instrumental versions of your favorite songs on YouTube and sing like nobody’s watching! You can also try your hand at playing karaoke games, like Don’t Forget The Lyrics or Name That Singer!
How will you and your squad be spending this Galentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!